How to get advice and appointments from our GP team?
To ensure you and your family are appropriately seen and advised we use an online system called eConsult.
eConsult is used across the NHS in primary care to triage appointment to help patients be seen on time by the correct Clinician first time.
It was designed and built by NHS GPs for NHS patients, designed to enhance patient access, improve practice efficiencies and sign post patients to the right place at the right time for their care.
For all medical and administrative advice and appointments all you need to do is click on the link below and complete the eConsult online form.
Our GP team review all our eConsult forms every morning (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
We currently have 2 full time GPs; Dr Richard Wong and Dr Craig Unwin and 2 part time GPs; Dr Natalie Palmer and Dr Fiona Davies who are supported by our Nurse Practitioner Sister Hayley Brown in addition to Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacist, Patient Advisors and Health Care Assistants.
eConsult is a free online service that enables registered patients to contact us 24/7 between 6.30pm Sunday and 6.30pm Friday.
All eConsult online forms that we received BEFORE 12:00pm will be responded to by the end of that SAME DAY.
If you submit your request after 12:00pm you will be contacted by the end of the next working day (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
eCONSULT - TOP TIPS
1. DON’T PANIC – if you are struggling with any part of making an appointment just call us and we will help you get the right help in the right way!
2. If you have more than one problem – No problem just make sure your complete one eConsult per problem as the questions we need to ask will vary on the problem.
3. If more than one member of the family needs an appointment you will have to send in a eConsult for each member. This is important as each person has individual needs that need to be reviewed.
4. If you require an appointment outside our core hours (8am – 6.30pm) please ensure you let us know somewhere on your form. We offer extended hours services on a Wednesday and a Thursday. In fact the more detail you can give us about your availability the better. We will always accommodate where possible.
NB. We also offer a number of appointments with the nursing team outside of our core hours. All our extended hours appointments are subject to change depending on annual leave and sickness.
5. When using eConsult give us as much detail as possible. This is made a lot easier when you use the condition template as this will ensure we get all the relevant information to help you in the most effective way. Link below:
6. We will contact you via the telephone number that you record on your eConsult questionnaire. Please ensure that this phone is nearby so that if you cannot make the appointment time we offer you can call us to rebook it for a convenient time for you.
HINT – We will usually respond to you via text with advice or an appointment time or give you a call you discuss your symptoms. – KEEP YOUR PHONE ON AND NEAR BY
7. If you turn up 10 minutes or later for your appointment without letting us know you will not be seen and will have to submit another eConsult for another appointment.
8. Need a GP in the evening or at the weekend? – NO WORRIES Submit and eConsult to us and we can arrange this for you at our Extended Access Service.
Warrington GPs are working together to provide evening and weekend NON-URGENT appointments at Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre. Appointments are available;
- Monday to Friday 6 pm to 8 pm,
- Saturday 8 am to 4 pm
- Sunday 10 am to 2 pm.
These are NON-URGENT appointments that can only be booked by us. This service is not for emergencies or for Walk-In Patients.
Please be aware that you will need to consent to share your medical record with the service
9. Need help and support from a GP when we are closed? No worries - The Out Of Hours GP Service is open:
- Monday to Friday 6.30pm - 8.00am
- Weekends, 24 hours a day
- Public holidays, 24 hours a day.
The emergency GP out of hour’s service in Warrington provides urgent healthcare services for patients who feel their illness cannot wait until their GP surgery re-opens.
To access, please call NHS 111.
10. DON’T PANIC – if you are struggling with any part of making an appointment just call us and we will help you get the right help in the right way!
For more of our frequently asked questions please click here (.pdf, 355KB)